- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups carrots peeled and grated (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup zucchini grated (about 1 medium)
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper muffin cups.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and oats in a large bowl.
- Combine applesauce, olive oil and egg in a separate bowl.
- Add milk, carrots, zucchini, banana and honey to applesauce mixture. Stir to incorporate.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture. Stir just until combined, making sure to not over mix.
- Scoop mixture into muffin tin.
- Bake until muffins begin to brown on top, about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before eating.