Zesty Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs or ground rice cakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns Toasted, if desired
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced in rings. Roasted, prepared and jarred red peppers are fine - Optional garnish
- Cheese slices of choice Optional garnush
- Romaine lettuce Optional garnish
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Shape into patties and chill for 30 minutes until they are fairly firm.
- Broil, grill, or pan fry, as desired.Assemble, burgers on buns with optional garnishes and serve.