Wild Rice, Mushroom and Egg Muffins
- 1/2 cup wild rice dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 cup yellow onions minced
- 1 cup celery minced
- 6 large eggs beaten
- 6 ounces Gruyere cheese grated
- 1/4 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook wild rice per package directions; cool to room temperature.
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan on medium heat; add mushrooms, garlic, onions and celery and sauté until softened, 5-7 minutes, and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine wild rice, cooked vegetable mixture, eggs, cheese, pecans, parsley and salt; mix well.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin; scoop the mixture into the muffin cups and bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.