White Chicken Chili
Servings: 8 cups
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup onions chopped, optional
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups garbanzo beans rinsed and drained, divided
- ⅜ cup 1½ ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium heat, then cook the chicken with the onions, cumin and oregano until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the broth.
- Mash half of the beans. Add them and the remaining whole beans to the pot.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is tender, with an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, pour soup into bowls and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese.