Here's a super gourmet way to prepare Trout. It's super easy, looks awesome, and tastes fantastic. Here's the recipe:
Stuffed Trout — serve 2
2 – 8 oz. trout, dressed (this means the fish will be whole with all the insides removed. Bones should be removed)
½ T butter
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Herbs — doesn't have to be exact, do more than less…
1 T Fresh parsley, about 2 full sprigs
1 T Fresh basil- leaves removed, about 6 large leaves
1 T Fresh chives, about 5 long stems
1 T Fresh marjoram — leaves removed, about 4 sprigs
1 T Fresh thyme — leaves removed, about 2 large sprigs
1 lemon — half thin sliced, other half for squeezing juice on fish
¼ white onion — sliced
1 clove garlic — sliced
Olive oil — drizzle each fish
1. Pre-heat broiler on Hi. Make sure oven rack is about 6 inches from the heat source.
2. Have sheet pan (with edges so juices do not run off of pan) with parchment or foil.
3. Lay trout open, flesh side up, keep attached.
4. Spread butter on fillets (when open, there will be two filets per fish).
5. Season with salt and pepper, give it a few good sprinkles of each.
6. Chop herbs into small pieces, then cover fillets with the herbs.
7. Thinly slice lemon, depending on size, if it's small, leave slices whole, and cover fillets with 2 slices each. Take other half and squeeze a bit of juice on the fish.
8. Slice onions and place on top.
9. Drizzle roughly ½ T of olive oil on fillet with ingredients on it.
10. Fold unseasoned fillet on top of seasoned portion, so fish looks whole again.
11. Broil 3-4 minutes a side until lightly golden and firm.
12. Carefully flip fish to other side and repeat.
13. Plate fish whole, garnish with fresh herbs and lemon slices.
14. Serve, enjoy!