2 medium spaghetti squash, cooked
2 tbsp butter
1 medium yellow or white onion, small dice
1 ½ Cup carrots, peeled, small dice
1 green bell pepper, small dice
1 bay leaf
1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
3 large cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp tomato paste + 1/2 C water, combine
2 — 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
2 T fresh oregano, chopped
2 T fresh basil, chopped + 2 T chopped basil for garnish, keep separate
1 T fresh thyme, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste;
Fresh chopped parsley for garnishing
1.Cut squash in half, remove seeds, and in microwave for 5-7minutes or roast in oven until tender about 25 minutes. Or do a combination of both.
2. Heat a skillet on medium/high heat. Add butter and onions, carrots, bell pepper, bay leaf and saute 5 minutes.
3. Add ground beef, garlic and cook for 5 minutes while stirring.
4. Add tomato paste and water and stir.
5. Add canned diced tomatoes, stir thoroughly and bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes. Add more water if needed.
6. Add oregano, basil, thyme and simmer for 5 more minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
8. Portion on top of cooked spaghetti squash.
9. Garnish with parsley and basil.
You can make this a day ahead or the day of serving.