Veggie-Goat Cheese Scrambler
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup bell pepper any color, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 large eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup green onion thinly sliced, both green and white parts
- 1/2 cup goat cheese or shredded mozzarella
- In a large non-stick skillet on medium heat, melt butter. Add peppers and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers begin to get tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft, about 2 more minutes.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are cooked through and firm, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add green onions and dollops of goat cheese or sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and heat gently until cheese melts.