Tuscan Bean Soup
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups kale about 1 bunch, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium diced tomatoes 1 14.5-ounce can
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium cannellini beans 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot on medium-high heat.
- Add kale, salt and pepper; stir and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, water and beans.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Stir in garlic and remove from heat.
- Makes about 5 cups.