Turmeric Chicken with Butternut Squash and Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1½ pounds chicken breast skinless, boneless, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 3 cups butternut squash peeled, diced small
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add oil, chicken, salt, and onions. Cook until onions are softened, stirring periodically, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric, paprika, and garlic; stir.
- Add butternut squash and stir to combine.
- Add a few splashes of water to create steam, and cover. Turn heat down to medium/low and cook, stirring periodically, until butternut squash start to soften, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add half of the parsley; gently mix, sprinkle parmesan cheese, and remove from heat.
- Garnish with remainder of parsley.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 452mg | Potassium: 1102mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 11597IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 2mg