Turkey-Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 5 ounces fresh spinach chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme minced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley minced
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat; add sweet potatoes.
- Cook, over medium heat, until golden brown and soft, about 7-8 minutes. Stir every 1-2 minutes. Remove potatoes and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet; add turkey and cook through while breaking into pieces.
- Add onions and cook until softened, about 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach, salt and thyme; cook until spinach is slightly wilted.
- Add cooked sweet potatoes and heat through.
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, cumin and parsley.
- Garnish hash with a dollop of herbed yogurt.