Sweet Corn, Tomato, Green Bean Salad
- 2½ cups 2 large or 3 small ears fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1½ cups fresh tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups green beans cut into 1-inch segments
- ½ cup olive oil 2 tablespoons reserved for sautéing
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ cup shallots or red onion finely diced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add corn and green beans and cook until green beans are tender. Remove cooked vegetables from heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine tomatoes, corn, green beans, and basil.
- For dressing, combine vinegar, shallots/onions and mustard in a bowl. Whisk in remaining olive oil.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix thoroughly.
- Enjoy chilled or at room temperature.