Spicy Asian Chicken with Kale
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs chopped
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice divided
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced
- 6 cups red or green kale tough stems removed as needed, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped; additional leaves for garnish
- 4 cups brown basmati or jasmine rice cooked
- Marinate chicken with oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice and soy sauce for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan on medium heat; cook chicken until almost fully cooked, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in jalapeño pepper and kale; cook until kale begins to wilt, about 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and mix in green onions; stir in cilantro and remaining lime juice.
- Serve on a bed of cooked rice and garnish with additional cilantro leaves.