Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetables
- 2 pounds chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound mushrooms of choice, quartered or chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat empty slow cooker on high heat with lid on.
- Season roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet and brown roast on all sides; transfer to slow cooker.
- Add onions and carrots.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, 1 cup broth or stock and tomato paste.
- Add flour to remaining cup of broth/stock; mix thoroughly and add to slow cooker.
- Cover; reduce heat to low and cook 6 hours or overnight.
- Roast is done when it can be easily pulled apart.
- Place roast and gravy in a serving bowl and garnish with chopped parsley.