Skillet White Fish with Tangy Avocado Tomato Salsa
- 1 avocado chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1½ pounds white fish filet like tilapia, trout, walleye
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- Prepare the salsa by combining avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add fish, skin side up.
- Cook until the edges start to turn opaque and firm, about 3 minutes. Turn the fish over and cook until it is just opaque in the center, about 2-3 minutes longer.
- Top each fillet with the salsa and serve immediately.