Skillet Chickpeas with Broccoli and Goat Cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pounds broccoli florets and stems chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas about 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice cooked to package instructions (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add broccoli and garlic powder; cook until broccoli is bright green, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and tomatoes, cook until chickpeas are heated through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, basil, and goat cheese and stir to combine.Serve over rice if desired.