- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups day-old artisan bread torn into 1" pieces, dried out
- 1 cup yellow onions diced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth divided
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease/prepare an 8x8 baking dish.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and celery and cook until lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add to bowl with bread; stir in herbs, salt, and pepper. Add half broth and toss gently. Let cool.
- Whisk remaining broth and egg in a small bowl. Add to bread mixture; fold gently until thoroughly combined.
- Add to baking dish, cover with foil, and bake until until dressing is steaming, about 30 minutes.
- This can be made a day or two in advance.