Salmon with Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 1 cup mango diced
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon jalapeno pepper chopped, optional
- 2 pinches kosher or sea salt plus for seasoning fish and spinach
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon filet portioned
- 5 ounces fresh spinach rinsed/dried as needed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a mixing bowl combine mango, pineapple, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, salt together. Set aside. The longer it sits, the more flavor it will have.
- Pre-heat broiler on high.
- Season fish with salt and then place on a parchment/foil lined sheet pan.
- Place under the broiler, about 5-6 inches, and cook about 3-5 minutes until firm to the touch.
- While fish is cooking, heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot add butter.
- Once butter is melted added fresh spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt, stir, then set aside.
- Once fish is cooked remove from broiler rack, plate with wilted spinach, then salmon and topped with salsa.