- 1 ½ lbs. salmon fresh, cooked in advance, or canned*
- *If using canned salmon drain and remove bones
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Cajun Spice Blend divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Cajun Spice Blend
- Thoroughly combine salmon, eggs, oats, walnuts, onions, celery and 2 teaspoons Cajun Spice Blend.
- Form into cakes/patties, 2 or 3 per serving, or to desired size.
- Heat pan on medium heat and add oil.
- Adjust heat as needed and fry salmon cakes until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Cook in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Instead of frying, you can also bake or broil patties in the oven on a foil- or parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, and remaining Cajun Spice Blend.
- Serve salmon cakes with yogurt sauce.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 179mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 1023mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 498IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 4mg