Roasted Yams with Citrus Dip
- 3 large orange yams peeled and cut lengthwise into large wedges *see Recipe notes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Zest from half of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spread with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the yams with honey and remaining olive oil; sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili powder and mix well.
- Place yams on baking sheet in a single layer and roast until soft and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Flip yams and roast for another 5-10 minutes; if needed, broil the yams to desired level of browning.
- Combine yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice and paprika in a small bowl and set aside.
- Serve yams warm with citrus dip and green onions.
*What we in the U.S. refer to as yams are really orange sweet potatoes.