Roasted Carrots with Herbed Goat Cheese and Pesto
- 10 carrots peeled, cut on the bias
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto store bought or make our recipe (see link below)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment.
- Toss carrots with olive oil and salt and place them on sheet pan.
- Roast carrots, turning occasionally, until deeply caramelized, 40-50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Combine goat cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, basil and parsley and spread mixture on four separate plates.
- Layer carrots chunks on goat cheese mixture and top with pesto.
- Garnish with fresh basil if desired.