Roasted Beets with Herbed Yogurt
- 1 1/2 pounds red beets skin on, both ends trimmed off
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh mint finely chopped, 1 tablespoon leaves reserved for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Individual wrap beet in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until knife can be pierced easily into the beets.
- Combine yogurt, cumin, lemon juice, mint, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Once beets are cooked, unwrap and cool slightly.
- Peel beets and cut into bite-sized chunks; toss with olive oil.
- Serve beets warm, topped with yogurt sauce. Garnish with chopped mint.