Quinoa, Sweet Corn and Green Bean Salad
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup olive oil 1 tablespoon reserved for sauté pan
- 2 1/4 cups corn fresh or frozen
- 1 cup green beans cut into 1” segments
- 1 cup fresh spinach tightly packed, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots minced
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add oil, corn and green beans and cook until green beans are tender.
- Remove cooked beans from heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine quinoa, corn, green beans, spinach and basil.
- For dressing, combine vinegar, shallots and mustard in a bowl. Whisk in remaining olive oil.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix thoroughly.
- Enjoy chilled or at room temperature.