Poblano Pepper-Chicken Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro minced
- 1 large poblano chili pepper seeded and diced. Leave seeds for extra spiciness, as desired
- 4 whole grain burger buns buttered
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, egg, olive oil, salt, cumin, cayenne pepper, lime juice, cilantro, and poblano pepper until thoroughly mixed.
- Form into four patties. Place in fridge, uncovered, for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or grill pan on high heat.
- Grill each burger, untouched, for 3-4 minutes on the hottest part of the grill. Flip and cook through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Place the burgers on a plate, loosely cover with foil to retain heat, and grill the buns until warmed through.
- Serving suggestions: whole wheat buns, cheese slices, thinly sliced red onions and/or avocado slices.