Penne, Sausage & Greens
- ½ pound dry whole grain penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ pound spicy ground Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- ½ cup yellow onion chopped
- ¾ cup water divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Preheat a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add olive oil and sausage to pan and cook through, breaking sausage into small pieces.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic and onions; cover and cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir periodically.
- Add cooked pasta, butter, lemon juice, spinach, salt and pepper, mix well. Cover and cook on low until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 571mg | Potassium: 350mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2931IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2mg