Paprika Beef and Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 4 cups mushrooms sliced
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chuck roast chopped, fat trimmed as needed
- 1 14.5 ounce cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- Heat a deep skillet or soup pot on medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil, celery, onions and carrots; sauté until vegetables are caramelized, about 8-10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium; add mushrooms, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cook until mushrooms are browned, about 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
- Add beef and brown. Add tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.