Pan-Roasted Chicken Breast with Apples
- 24 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in 6-ounce pieces and then in half lengthwise to make thin fillets
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup` garlic slivered
- 2 large sweet, tart apples Braeburn or Pink Lady, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Place flour in a shallow bowl; add chicken fillets one at a time and turn to coat all sides with flour. Season flour-coated chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Carefully add the chicken to the pan; brown both sides, about 1 1/2 minutes each side.
- Add the garlic and apples; stir to combine.
- Add stock and thyme; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 18-20 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Serve over rice or roasted vegetables.