These can be a great start to your morning or a great delicious and nutritous snack. Try switching apples for pears, and pistachios/cashews for walnuts if desired.
Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup honey
2 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ cup pistachios, chopped
¼ cup cashews, chopped
½ cup banana, peeled, mashed
1 ½ cup apples, peeled, cored, diced
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 ¾ tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine eggs, vanilla, honey, oil, pistachios, cashews, banana and apple in large mixing bowl.
3. Combine oats, flour and cinnamon in separate mixing bowl.
4. Combine wet and dry mixtures until thoroughly mixed.
5. Separate into ⅓ cup portions. Place portions on parchment lined baking sheet about ½-inch apart.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack until warm.
Created for Produce for Kids by Chef Marshall O'Brien