Mini Apple Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Granny Smith apples grated, about 1 small
- 1/2 cup yellow onion grated
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill or grill pan on high heat.
- Thoroughly mix turkey, apple, onion, oats, cumin, parsley, salt and pepper. Form into eight patties and refrigerate for 30–60 minutes.
- Grill or bake like traditional hamburgers, 3-4 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Do not overcook or they will be dry due to the lower fat content of turkey versus hamburger.
- Serve with your favorite sides, such as onions, tomatoes, lettuce and sauces.