Layered Chicken and Salsa Tostada
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 avocados mashed
- 24 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 large ripe tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Mexican cheese, cilantro and lime juice for garnish, optional
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees, turning once, about 7-8 minutes each side; set aside to cool.
- Once cool, dice chicken.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, tomato, red onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- On medium-high heat, grill corn tortillas until crispy, flipping as needed so they do not burn. Tortillas will become crispier once cooled.
- To assemble, spread 1/8 cup avocado on a tortilla and top with 1/4 cup chicken salsa. Place another tortilla on top. Spread another 1/8 cup avocado and top with 1/4 cup chicken salsa.
- If desired, top with additional cilantro, lime juice, and Mexican cheese.