Kind of Kimchi
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 large head (12-16 cups) Napa cabbage chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers thinly sliced rounds
- 1 cup Daikon radish, grated grated
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 4 tbsp garlic minced
- 3 tbsp ginger minced or grated
- 1/2 tsp salt kosher or sea
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp tamari sauce or soy
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Combine vegetables with garlic and ginger.
- Pack into large glass jar.Combine salt, sugar, lime juice, tamari or soy and fish sauce.
- Pour into jar of vegetables.Cover jar with paper toweling and rubber band, which allows it to breathe and keeps out debris.
- Leave jar on the counter or in the cupboard (at room temperature) and mix it daily.
- If mold/fuzz develops, skim off the top.Leave it out for 5-7 days; the longer it sits, the more it will ferment.
- Put it in the refrigerator to slow fermentation.