Italian Breakfast Boat
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 loaf favorite hard crusted bread
- 1 pound Italian sausage cooked, cooled, cut into bite sized pieces
- 10 eggs whisked
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 3 green onions sliced entire green and white
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic minced
- Cut top off bread and remove insides creating a cavity like a boat. It's important to keep the walls of the bread intact as it will keep the egg mixture contained in the bread boat.
- Combine cooked sausage with eggs, milk, green onions, garlic and cheese. Line with foil or grease cookie sheet pan and place bread on top.
- Then carefully pour into bread boat. Depending on how large the loaf is, you may or may not have leftover egg mix.Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes or until mixture is firm and when tooth pick is inserted into center of egg mixture, it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven once done, and let sit for 5 minutes. Present on platter, cut as desired, serve.