Homemade Tomato Sauce
- 17 pounds tomatoes cored, quartered
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pre-heat oven at 325 or grill at 300 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan mix ingredients.
- If using oven simply cook covered with foil for an hour.
- Then remove foil, and cook for another 30 minutes or until 1/2 liquid evaporates.
- Remove from oven and cool. Portion and freeze as desired for later use.
If using grill, elevate roasting pan so the bottom won't burn. Cook covered with foil for an hour. Remove foil, and cook for another 30 minutes so 1/2 the liquid evaporates. Cool then portion and freeze as desired for later use.