Herbed Salmon Burgers with Dill-Yogurt Sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds wild-caught salmon skin and fat line removed
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup red onion minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill fresh dill
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice divided
- Cut salmon into long strips; mince in uniformly sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, salmon, egg, bread crumbs, rosemary, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and lemon zest; mix thoroughly.
- Chill in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Portion salmon mixture into four equal patties.
- Brush remaining olive oil on both sides of patties; grill until the internal temperature is 145 degrees, or desired doneness.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, dill, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Serve burgers on whole-wheat hamburger buns with yogurt sauce.