Hearty Tomato Cucumber Salad
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups cooked whole grain or pasta of choice
- 2 cups ripe tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups cucumbers peeled (optional), diced
- 1 cup bell pepper any color, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Cook whole grain or pasta according to directions; let cool.
- Mix together the grain or pasta with the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, mint and parsley.
- Thoroughly combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper for the dressing.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and let marinate in refrigerator for one hour.
- Adjust seasoning and dressing to desired taste and texture.