Grilled Steak with Caper Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless top sirloin steak
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup capers drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic and salt in a large plastic bag.
- Add steak, evenly distribute marinade and seal tightly.
- Marinate for three or more hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- Grill steak, untouched, on high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip steak and continue cooking to desired doneness. Remove from heat and let rest for five minutes.
- For vinaigrette, combine capers, shallots, parsley, red wine vinegar, remaining olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Thinly slice steak, top with caper vinaigrette and serve immediately.