Grilled Chili Shrimp and Pineapple
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or sriracha
- 1 tablespoon ginger peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chinese five spice
- 1 pound shrimp 16-20 count, peeled and deveined, thawed if frozen
- 2 cups pineapple cut into 1" pieces
- 2 poblano peppers cut into 2” pieces
- 8 wood skewers soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- Combine oil, vinegar, honey, chili sauce, ginger, garlic, and Chinese five spice in a large, resealable plastic bag.
- Add shrimp, pineapple and peppers; let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or grill pan on high heat.
- Thread shrimp, pineapple and peppers onto skewers; brush marinade on skewers.
- Grill skewers on high heat, about 2 minutes per side, basting again if desired, until shrimp turns pink in color and opaque.
- Note: Because marinade originally contained raw shrimp, do not baste skewers after cooking is complete or use as a sauce when serving unless you heat marinade to the boiling point in a separate pan.