Green Beans with Roasted Tomato and Cumin
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 pounds tomatoes cored and halved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans trimmed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss half of the olive oil with all ingredients except the green beans.
- Spread mixture on parchment-or foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees until onions are browned and tomatoes are very tender, about 40 minutes.
- Cool mixture and place in food processor or blender.
- Pulse 4-5 times, until mixture is in small chunks.
- Boil or steam green beans until just tender. Remove beans from water/steam.
- Using the same pan, toss beans with remainder of olive oil.
- Add tomato mixture, and cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.