Goat Cheese Frittata
- 1/2 cup onions small dice
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley small chop, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 ounces goat cheese
- Heat small skillet on medium-high heat, add 1 Tablespoon oil.
- Cook onions, garlic, until tender, add parsley.
- Deglaze pan with broth, scraping the bottom to remove brown bits, once liquid evaporates, remove from heat.
- Scramble in mixing bowl eggs, Herbs de Provence, and salt.
- Using favorite egg skillet/pan, heat on high with 1 Tablespoon oil, once hot (not smoking) add eggs. Gently move eggs making sure they are not sticking to pan. Once eggs start to set, and are loose from bottom of pan, spread onion mixture on top, then gently flip over. (Or use a plate to turn over by placing larger plate on top eggs, then gently flip over, and slide egg back in pan.)
- Reduce stove heat to medium/low.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, and cover with lid until cheese is melted OR if using a oven safe pan, put pan in pre-heated broiler oven until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, serve.
Goat cheese, brie cheese, any kind of cheese will be wonderful with this savory egg dish. Given how I made it, it's not technically a frittata, but sure looks like one, so we'll go with it.