Garden Spaghetti with Chicken
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 pound whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic fresh or jarred
- 1/2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 large red bell pepper or 1 medium, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper or 1 medium, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup button mushrooms chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, drain, chill with cold water (if noodles won’t be eaten immediately), toss with a teaspoon of olive oil to keep noodles from sticking, and set aside.
- Toss chicken with half of the remaining oil, garlic, Italian herbs, salt, pepper and paprika.
- In a large skillet, add remaining oil and cook chicken until browned and half-cooked.
- Add peppers, onions and mushrooms and cook until tender. Cover to shorten cooking time and retain moisture in the vegetables.
- Add pasta and cook until pasta is heated again, if necessary, and serve.