Fresh Citrus Salad
Servings: 5 servings
- 5 handfuls mixed salad greens
- 1 grapefruit cut out the flesh for wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves removed from the stem, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh mint removed from the stem, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces olive oil
- First zest the grapefruit as needed. Then peel off the skin, and remove the sections. Then squeeze the remaining grapefruit to get the juice. Combine juice, vinegar, zest and season with salt and pepper. Add olive oil.
- Toss greens and herbs with dressing, then arrange grape fruit on top.