Fennel, Citrus & Pomegranate Salad
- 2 large red grapefruit
- 2 Navel or Cara Cara oranges
- 1 large fennel bulb about 4 cups, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pomegranate seeds
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fennel fronds
- 1/4 cup juice reserved from grapefruit and oranges
- Dash kosher or sea salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Thinly slice grapefruit and oranges into circles, then peel or cut off skin. Slice circles in half.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine citrus juice, salt, black pepper and olive oil. Whisk until incorporated. Toss fennel, carrots and spinach together with vinaigrette.
- Lay citrus slices around perimeter of salad bowl or salad plates.
- Top with spinach, fennel, carrots, pomegranate seeds, and fennel fronds.Drizzle remaining vinaigrette.