Dark Chocolate-Orange Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 orange zested and juiced
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat a griddle, cast iron pan or large non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, salt and orange zest in a large bowl.
- In smaller bowl, combine the eggs, milk and orange juice.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; stir until incorporated. Do not over-mix batter.
- Brush butter on griddle or skillet; ladle in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Top with chocolate chips and cook until bubbles form on the top. Flip and cook until brown.
Calories: 447kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 466mg | Potassium: 537mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 657IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 340mg | Iron: 4mg