Curried Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tabelspoon coconut oil
- 2 cups onions sliced
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric or 1 teaspoon fresh turmeric grated
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika regular or smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder *
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt kosher or sea salt
- 3 cups sweet potatoes (the orange ones) peeled, medium dice
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced
- Heat large frying pan on medium heat. Add both oils, chicken, and onions. Cook until onions become softened, stirring periodically, about 2 minutes.
- Stir periodically.
- Add turmeric, paprika, curry powder, garlic, salt, and stir.
- Add sweet potatoes and stir to combine. Add a few splashes of water to create steam, and cover. Turn heat down to medium-low and cook, stirring periodically, until sweet potatoes start to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add half of the green onions, gently mix together and remove from heat.
- Garnish with remainder of green onions. Serve with brown basmati rice, if desired.
*I suggest Frontier Organic brand or make your own.