Crunchy Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds pepitas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is soft, 12-15 minutes.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Combine the cooked quinoa, vegetables and seeds in a bowl.
- Toss salad with vinaigrette. Adjust seasoning with additional salt, pepper and lemon juice if desired.