Crunchy Mixed Green Jar Salad
Servings: 1 large serving
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons shallots minced
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup radishes sliced
- 1/2 cup green peas fresh or frozen
- 2 1/2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup hard-cooked egg diced (2 eggs)
- Thoroughly combine vinaigrette ingredients and place in a quart Mason jar.
- Layer carrots, radishes and green peas.
- Followed with the layer of mixed greens and top off with diced egg.
- Seal and refrigerate until ready to eat salad.
- To serve tilt and rotate jar to mix vinaigrette with salad, unscrew cap and place salad in serving dish of choice.