- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 large ripe tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup all natural, nitrate-free ham chopped or diced
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese
- In a small bowl mix together all sauce ingredients; set aside.
- Melt butter; whisk with eggs.
- Whisk milk, flour and salt. Add egg mixture and whisk thoroughly. Batter will be thin.
- Preheat a 9-inch non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add butter to lightly coat pan.
- Pour about 1-2 fluid ounces of batter and swirl to thinly cover bottom of pan.
- Cook until the top of the crepe looks dry, and/or has popped bubbles, about 45 seconds.
- Flip crepe and cook about 10 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- In a line down the center of the crepe, add desired fillings.
Option: For a sweet crepe filling, sauté a large chopped apple with 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of real maple syrup or honey, and a tablespoon of chopped walnuts. *Gluten-free or regular flour can be substituted, reduce the milk by 1/4 cup.