Citrus Roasted Potatoes
- 1 1/4 pounds red potatoes
- 3 tablespoon olive oil Divided in half
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme remove leaves from stems.
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Microwave potatoes for 6-8 minutes, until a fork can be inserted with little resistance and potatoes are slightly soft. Alternately, place potatoes in a large pot of cold water, cover and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Once potatoes are cool to the touch, if they are medium or large size, cut them into large bite sized chunks.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. In a bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil, salt, half of the lemon juice, thyme and chili flakes (if using).
- Place potatoes in single layer on parchment- or foil-lined sheet pan, and roast until lightly browned and tender, about 30-45 minutes.An alternate method, is to broil the potatoes until browned and tender, but be careful not to burn them.
- Remove potatoes from oven, return potatoes to bowl and toss with remaining lemon juice and lemon zest before serving.