Citrus Beef with Avocado
- 1/4 cup sesame oil divided
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon grass thinly sliced, optional
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak trimmed
- 2 cups sweet mini-peppers orange, yellow, red, sliced
- 2 fresh avocados peeled and cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley coarsely chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl with half of the sesame oil; mix well.
- Slice flank steak in half lengthwise; cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips.
- Place beef and half of the dressing mixture in medium bowl and mix well.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add remaining sesame oil and cook peppers for 1-2 minutes.
- Add beef and cook until only slightly pink, about 4 minutes. Remove mixture from heat.
- In a bowl, combine avocados, parsley, tomatoes, and romaine with remaining vinaigrette.
- Portion lettuce mixture, top with beef and peppers, and serve.