Chicken, Sweet Potato and Tarragon Stew
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs fat trimmed, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onions diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 cup red bell peppers diced
- 2 cups sweet potatoes peeled, diced
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 cup tarragon stems removed, leaves chopped
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, cumin and paprika.
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook until browned and almost cooked through, 5-6 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and peppers; cook until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and chicken stock.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are fork-tender, 40-45 minutes.
- Garnish with tarragon