Chicken Pintos & Pita
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/4 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red pepper chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups pinto beans rinsed and thoroughly drained
- 1/4 cup tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 6 whole wheat pitas halved, toasted
- Heat oil in skillet on medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, not smoking, add chicken, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken until firm to the touch, stir periodically, about 3-5 minutes.Then add pinto beans, garlic, green onions, red peppers, pinto beans, tomato, parsley and salt. Stir.
- Cook until mixture is heated through, about 2-3 minutes.Remove from heat, and portion into toasted pita halves. Serve with lime wedge.